product description page
Atlas of Surface Palpation : Anatomy of the Neck, Trunk, Upper and Lower Limbs (Paperback) (Serge Tixa)
About this item
Palpation is an important aspect of clinical examination and one which allows the careful selection of the most appropriate manual therapy technique or manoeuvre. The new edition of this highly successful volume contains over 600 clear and precise photographs and colour artworks together with over 150 'pull out' boxes to act as valuable aide memoires. Each illustration clearly shows the surface investigation of the different anatomical structures (which include bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles and elements of the neurovascular system) each accompanied by a succinct technical description. Practical and authoritative, it is hoped that this volume will be of use to all students and practitioners involved with the manual therapies.
- All new artwork programme enhances accessibility and learning
- Useful template approach aids ready understanding and allows the reader to go at his or her own speed
- Presents almost 600 photographs and line artworks to render the learning experience as easy as possible
- Contains over 160 pull out boxes to act as useful aide memoires
- Clinical Hints and Tips boxes indicate points of relevance for the clinic
- Addition of a wider range of skeletal images to provide extra information [e.g. the individual vertebrae are now included alongside the composite spine]
- Addition of new Clinical Information boxes to highlight 'clinical nuggets'.
- Artwork programme redrawn to improve clarity and uniformity of approach
- Inclusion of the relevant dermatomes (i.e. an area of skin that is mainly supplied by a single spinal nerve).