product description page
Avery's Neonatology : Pathophysiology & Management of the Newborn (Hardcover)
About this item
This color illustrated reference for medical professionals provides background on anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, bacteriology, and genetics related to care of newborns, as well as detailed information on managing specific conditions. Part 1 addresses general considerations, such as the newborn intensive care unit, neonatal transport, radiologic imaging of the neonate, decision making and ethics, and risk management. Part 2 covers aspects of the fetal patient, such as fetal imaging. Part 3 deals with aspects of transition and stabilization, such as breastmilk in the neonatal ICU. Part 4, the bulk of the book, covers various disorders and conditions of the newborn. Part 5 covers pharmacology, including issues of infants of drug-dependent mothers, and Part 6 deals with medical care after discharge and developmental outcomes. The book contains color and b&w photos, images, and illustrations throughout; images are also available online. An interactive ebook, designed for tablet, smartphone, or online access, contains all images from the book plus additional images, along with navigation and search tools and tools for highlighting, note-taking, and sharing, plus links to research trials. This seventh edition incorporates the latest information from research trials of the NICHD, the Neonatal Research Network, the Cochrane Network, and the Vermont-Oxford research trials. Annotation ©2015 Ringgold, Inc., Portland, OR (protoview.com)
Manage newborns effectively through an accurate understanding of their pathophysiology with Avery?s Neonatology! Originally authored by Dr. Gordon B. Avery, a founding father of the specialty, this respected neonatology reference is internationally acknowledged as the defining source on the pathophysiology and management of both preterm and full-term neonates.
- Make the most informed, appropriate clinical decisions with guidance and insights from hundreds of world authorities.
- Access the latest advances via comprehensive updates from 52 new authors as well as four completely new chapters.
- Apply evidence-based practices through current links to multi-institutional trials, which will be updated regularly by the authors.
- Find the answers you need more easily thanks to a new color format.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Number of Pages: 1199
Series Title: Avery's Neonatology Pathophusiology and Management of the Newborn
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Street Date: August 27, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 247-48-3085
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.