About this item
- Includes one Azalea 'Johanna' in a 2.5 quart pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 6-8, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Mature size is 4' tall and wide.
- Glossy foliage turns deep burgundy in fall.
- Ruffled purple-red blooms blanket the shrub in spring.
- Performs best in full sun to part shade.
This tried and true azalea can be enjoyed in nearly any part of the country! 'Johanna' is an exceptional cold hardy variety that bursts into bloom in spring with an abundance of bright carmine-red blossoms. With the arrival of in cooler weather, its glossy, dark green leaves turn a brilliant burgundy hue. This densely branched, medium-sized shrub is an excellent choice for brightening a shady spot in the garden. Azaleas work well as specimens in woodland gardens, mixed borders, and containers, and are a traditional choice for bonsai.
Weight: 3.5 pounds
Approx Max Plant Height: 6 inches
Container Material: Plastic
Decorative Accents: Flowers, Leaves
Container Color: Black
Container Shape: Cylinder
Planting Cycle: Perennial
Light Condition Required: Sun/Shade Mix
Plant Variety: Mixed Evergreens
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0022
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.