About this item
- Includes one Azalea 'Stewartstonian' in a 2.5 quart pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 5-8, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Mature size is 4' to 5' tall and 3' to 4' wide.
- Foliage takes on mahogany-red shades in fall and winter.
- Cold hardy variety with later flowering time than most azaleas.
- Performs best in full sun to part shade.
Beautiful bright red flowers burst into bloom at the first sign of spring, covering the evergreen foliage of 'Stewartstonian'. As colder weather arrives, the dark green, glossy foliage turns to a stunning wine red shade. Azaleas are a staple in the southern landscape, but can be enjoyed in nearly any part of the country with proper winter care. Whether planted in beds, borders, containers, or as a hedge, this tried-and-true shrub will electrify your landscape with eye-popping color!
Weight: 3.5 pounds
Approx Max Plant Height: 6 inches
Container Material: Plastic
Decorative Accents: Flowers, Leaves
Container Color: Black
Container Shape: Cylinder
Planting Cycle: Perennial
Light Condition Required: Sun/Shade Mix
Plant Variety: Mixed Evergreens
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0021
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.