product description page
Basic English Grammar (Paperback) (Betty S. Azar & Stacy A. Hagen)
About this item
This is the International edition of Basic English Grammar. It is NOT to be sold in the United States.
The world's most trusted grammar source for clear, direct, and comprehensive instruction, the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series — including Basic English Grammar — blends grammar instruction with communicative methods. Grammar is the springboard for developing all language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. With clear, user-friendly charts and engaging, interactive practice, it's easy to see why this classic series remains the top-selling text in its field year after year.
Clear charts and explanations
- Examples accompanied by easy-to-understand explanations and minimal terminology.
Direct, in-depth grammar practice
- Immediate application of grammatical forms and meanings.
- Variety of exercise types including warm-up, reading, listening, comprehension, completion, interview, and writing.
Comprehensive corpus-informed grammar syllabus
- Written vs. spoken usage in formal and informal contexts.
- Teacher's Guide includes step-by-step teaching suggestions for each chart, notes on key grammar structures, and vocabulary and expansion activities.
- Test Bank offers additional quizzes, chapter tests, mid-term, and final exams, and Chart Book contains the grammar charts.
- Teachers can use the eText as a classroom presentation tool and the ExamView® software to customize their tests.
New Essential Online Resources include Student Book audio, Student Book answer key, Grammar Coach videos, and self-assessments.