product description page
Basic Medical Language (Paperback) (Danielle Lafleur Brooks)
about this item
With brief explanations and a focus on word building skills, Basic Medical Language, 5th Edition provides the foundation you need to confidently communicate with other health care team members. This basic medical vocabulary text explains a carefully selected group of suffixes, prefixes, and combining forms to give you the basis for recognizing and defining hundreds of medical terms. Clear, illustrated lessons present terms by body system, introducing word parts and providing review exercises that ask students to define terms or combine word parts to create terms. This text also reinforces learning with all-new case studies, images, and exercises -and carefully crafted Evolve resources.
- Over 200 flash cards packaged free with the text make it easier for you to memorize terms.
- Systemic presentation of medical terms helps you learn and recognize new words as you encounter them by combining parts.
- Objectives integrated with headings clarify how the content is presented within lessons and show you how objectives relate to content.
- Consistent organization and pacing of lessons ensures steady acquisition of terminology.
- Integrated review exercises test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website include games, activities, gradable, emailable quizzes, and an audio program - all tied closely to text material.
- Electronic health record mockups provide exposure to the electronic health records that you will encounter in practice.
- NEW! Elsevier's Adaptive Learning program customized for Basic Medical Language,5th Edition helps you learn and retain medical terminology.
- NEW! All-new case studies serve as review sections and provide additional opportunities for you to apply what you have learned.
- NEW!Career Focus feature highlights professionals whose work focuses on specific body systems.
- NEW! Engaging new exercises, including matching, building, and reading medical terms in context, foster an active learning approach.
- NEW and UPDATED! Terms and images keep you up-to-date with the latest healthcare procedures and advances.