product description page
Becoming a Choral Music Teacher : A Field Experience Workbook - (Hardcover)
About this item
Becoming a Choral Music Teacher: A Field Experience Workbook, Second Edition is a choral methods textbook that prepares students in Music Education to become middle school and high school choral music teachers. It emphasizes important musical skills, vocal pedagogy and repertoire suitable for secondary school choirs in order to provide future teachers with the critical experiences to be effective. Focusing equally on rehearsal strategies, auditions and classroom management, the book is also a "workbook" that requires the students’ active learning through participation in fieldwork.
Students learn in a sequential and practical manner, beginning with the study of the middle school voice and progressing to the high school voice, through practice of theory with adolescents, followed by class reflection on common problems and solutions, and then continued practice.
NEW to this Edition
- Updated references to NAfME, and new national and state standards and licensing rules
- More on the needs of Special Learners in the choral classroom
- Latest resources on classroom management theories and practice
- Expanded vocal warm-ups that incorporate body movement and aural skills training
- More on gender issues (including LGBT awareness), sociological impact and meanings of choral singing, and emerging knowledge of multicultural choral music
Becoming a Choral Music Teacher: A Field Experience Workbook, Second Edition fully integrates the choral field experience for hands-on learning and reflection and allows the student to observe and teach the book’s principles.