About this item
This full-color book will inspire you to start solving problems and creating programs with code, even if you have absolutely no programming experience. It's not just friendly and easy: it's the first beginner's guide that puts you in control of your own learning, and empowers you to build unique programs to solve problems you care about.
Microsoft has completely reinvented the beginning programmer's tutorial, reflecting deep research into how today's beginners learn, and why other books fall short.Begin to Code with C# is packed with innovations, starting with its "Snaps" library of pre-built operations that are easy to combine your own unique programs. It's full of "Make Something Happen" projects that let you practice and build your skills as you create your own programs - not programs someone else has typed out and handed you.
Begin to Code with C# balances playful exposition and illustration of programming fundamentals with your own creative input - and you'll never be more than a page or two away from making something unique and personal to you. It will help you…
- Understand the basics of coding and how to make your programs work on any computer or device
- Discover how C# works using the Visual Studio environment
- Delve into basic concepts such as strings, operators, properties, methods, and events
- Figure out how to test and debug your code with "What can go wrong" sections
- Publish your own apps that work on a variety of device platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows
Whether you're a total beginner or you've tried before, Begin to Code with C# will put the power, excitement, and creativity of programming where it belongs: in your hands!