product description page
Behavioral Simulation and Computing for Signal Processing Systems (Hardcover) (Torben Larsen & Thomas
About this item
Simulation and Behavioral Modeling of Analogue Systems focuses on numerical simulations of analogue systems by use of functional behavioral models, presenting a MATLAB toolbox optimized for NVIDIA GPUs (Graphics Processing Units). The book is divided into five parts. Part one contains an overall description of the functional models, what signals are needed and how they can be represented. In addition, the author discusses high performance computing and trends in the area as well as the ways in which multi processor systems can be utilized for analogue simulations. The second part provides the needed mathematical background for signal processing, handling noise and non-linearities, and techniques to assess signal quality. In part three, the author describes a number of different functional behavioral blocks including quadrature-up and down-converters, filters, amplifiers, amplitude converters etc. Emphasis is on the functional description, how the input-output relations are derived and on model parameter extraction procedures. Part four shows some examples of RF systems, including PLL (Phased Locked Loop), power amplifier linearization, and a receiver. Furthermore, examples are shown on how to make complete system simulations and investigates the effects of simultaneous impairments.Finally, part five contains an appendix where the MATLAB toolbox AnSys is described in detail.
- Focuses on numerical simulations of analog systems by use of functional behavioral models — presenting a MATLAB toolbox optimized for NVIDIA GPUs (Graphics Processing Units)
- Presents many different functional blocks and the procedures needed to use the models in a simulation framework, making it easy for the reader to develop their own functions or to modify existing functions for special needs
- Provides the needed mathematical background for signal processing, handling noise and non-linearities, and techniques to assess signal quality
- Includes end-to-end examples of a receiver, transmitter, phase locked loop etc., showing various important performance metrics
- Number of Pages: 512Genre: TechnologyFormat: HardcoverPublisher: John Wiley & Sons IncAuthor: Torben Larsen & Thomas Arildsen & Tobias Lindstru00f8m JensenLanguage: EnglishStreet Date: September 17, 2018TCIN: 52147283UPC: 9780470711347Item Number (DPCI): 248-42-0024If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.