product description page
Better Homes & Gardens Herb Gardening (Paperback)
about this item
- Filled with colorful diagrams, helpful checklists that make shopping and planning a breeze, and easy-to-follow directions for all kinds of projects, it's the perfect guide to planning and maintaining a beautiful herb garden
- Over 150 garden projects, with handy shopping lists for tools and ingredients, and step-by-step instructions on planting, growing, and harvesting seasonal bounty.
- More than 700 beautiful full-color photos throughout, including helpful step-by-step photos to guide the reader through critical steps and innovative project ideas.
- The focus of the book will be on setting up an herb garden at home, whether it be small containers on the windowsill or larger, more formal knot gardens and herb wheels
- Special sections on selecting herbs for specific uses, including culinary herbs for homemade spreads, vinegars and teas; or herbs for home use, like making homemade potpourris, candles, soaps and perfumes.
- Tips from the Garden Doctor throughout help troubleshoot common problems
- Includes helpful seasonality charts and comprehensive encyclopedic listings of herbs to easily identify where they grow and how to care for them.
- An entire chapter of plant-by-numbers plans will provide step-by-step guidance and inspiration for home garden designs.
- Special features include lists of herbs for special uses and at-a-glance seasonal maintenance charts.
Number of Pages: 224.0
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
Author: Better Homes & Gardens
Street Date: December 27, 2011
Item Number (DPCI): 248-74-2955