product description page
Bioenergy and Land Use Change : Impact on Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services (Hardcover) (Qin
About this item
Although bioenergy is a renewable energy source, it is not without impact on the environment. Both the cultivation of crops specifically for use as biofuels and the use of agricultural byproducts to generate energy changes the landscape, affects ecosystems, and impacts the climate. Bioenergy and Land Use Change focuses on regional and global assessments of land use change related to bioenergy and the environmental impacts. This interdisciplinary volume provides both high level reviews and in-depth analyses on specific topics.
Volume highlights include:
- Land use change concepts, economics, and modeling
- Relationships between bioenergy and land use change
- Impacts on soil carbon, soil health, water quality, and the hydrologic cycle
- Impacts on natural capital and ecosystem services
- Effects of bioenergy on direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions
- Biogeochemical and biogeophysical climate regulation
- Uncertainties and challenges associated with land use change quantification and environmental impact assessments
Bioenergy and Land Use Change is a valuable resource for professionals, researchers, and graduate students from a wide variety of fields including energy, economics, ecology, geography, agricultural science, geoscience, and environmental science.