About this item
Bioethics: The Basics is an introduction to the foundational principles, theories and issues in the study of medical and biological ethics. Readers are introduced to bioethics from the ground up before being invited to consider some of the most controversial but important questions facing us today. Topics addressed include:
- the range of moral theories underpinning bioethics
- arguments for the rights and wrongs of abortion, euthanasia and animal research
- healthcare ethics including the nature of the practitioner-patient relationship
- public policy ethics and the implications of global and public health
- ‘3 parents’, enhancement, incidental findings and nudge approaches in health care.
This thoroughly revised second edition provides a concise, readable and authoritative introduction for anyone interested in the study of bioethics.