product description page
Black Diamond Crepe Myrtle 'Red Hot' 1pc - Cottage Hill U.S.D.A Hardiness Zone 6-9
About this item
- Includes one Black Diamond Crape Myrtle 'Red Hot' in a 2.25 gallon pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 6-9, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Mature size is 10' to 12' tall and 4' to 5' wide.
- Bright red flowers open atop unique black foliage from spring through fall.
- Drought tolerant, mildew resistant, and low maintenance.
- Performs best in full sun.
Hot red blossoms sizzle against nearly black foliage as Black Diamond 'Red Hot' lights up the landscape from late spring to fall. Ideal as a specimen plant, foundation planting, or lining a driveway or fence line, this stately shrub can even be trained to grow as a small tree. Its stunning foliage and eye-catching blossoms create gorgeous contrast in any landscape!
Approx Max Plant Height: 12 feet
Container Material: Plastic
Light Condition Required: Full Sun
Plant Variety: Crepe myrtle
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0497
Origin: Made in the USA
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.
Ratings & reviews5
overall: 3.6 out of 5 stars, see all reviews
Most recent reviews
Received a dead tree
(would not recommend)
1 out of 5 stars
garden bug — 1 year ago
I was shipped a plant which was dead with all dried up leaves and branches broken in half. Looked like it has been dead for couple of months. Very surprised that someone will ship an obviously dead tree.