product description page
Bluberry 'Climax' 1pc - Cottage Hill U.S.D.A Hardiness Zone 7-9 - 2.25 Gallon
About this item
- Includes one Blueberry 'Climax' in a 2.25 gallon pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 7-9, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Mature size is 3' to 15' tall and 3' to 10' wide but can be pruned for a tidier habit.
- Early-bearing variety with showy fall color.
- Exceptional performance in hot and humid climates.
- Should be planted with another rabbiteye blueberry for pollination. Requires 400 chill hours.
- Performs best in full sun.
A tried-and-true blueberry variety, 'Climax' has been treasured by the home gardener for years. Prized for its abundant crops and early ripening, this classic variety bears large, firm berries with a spicy sweet flavor. Its fruit ripens in early May and is excellent for freezing, preserving, or simply eating fresh. Because it only requires 400-450 chill hours to set fruit, 'Climax' is ideal for southern gardens. 'Climax' needs another rabbiteye blueberry for cross-pollination - 'Tift' is recommended.
Approx Max Plant Height: 8 feet
Container Material: Plastic
Light Condition Required: Full Sun
Plant Variety: Blueberry
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0503
Origin: Made in the USA
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.