About this item
- Includes one Blueberry 'Tift' in a 2.5 quart pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 7-9, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Mature size is 3' to 15' tall and 3' to 10' wide but can be pruned for a tidier habit.
- Large, flavorful berries hold well on the bush until ripe.
- Exceptional performance in hot and humid climates.
- Should be planted with another rabbiteye blueberry for pollination. Requires 550-600 chill hours.
- Performs best in full sun.
A superb blueberry for the home garden, 'Tift' bears an abundant crop year after year. Its large, firm berries have an incredible flavor and hold well on the vigorous, upright bush. Its fruit ripens in late June through July and is excellent for freezing, preserving, or simply eating fresh. Because it only requires 550-600 chill hours to set fruit, 'Tift' is ideal for southern gardens. 'Tift' needs another rabbiteye blueberry for cross-pollination - 'Climax' is recommended.
Approx Max Plant Height: 8 feet
Container Material: Plastic
Light Condition Required: Full Sun
Plant Variety: Blueberry
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0513
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.
overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars, see all reviews