product description page
Boundaries, Power and Ethical Responsibility in Counselling and Psychotherapy - (Hardcover)
About this item
The boundaries of the therapeutic relationship are a crucial part of effective therapy. Yet, understanding them, and the effects of power and responsibility, can be intimidating to trainee or newly-qualified therapists. This book will take step-by-step through everything they need to know to work ethically and safeguard the well-being of both themselves and their clients.
- Contracting and the importance of negotiating and clarifying boundaries with clients
- The implications and limits of maintaining confidentiality
- Keeping clear sexual boundaries, and how to work around issues safely and appropriately
- What happens when circumstances change, and every day or serious disruptions occur to therapy
- The nature of the therapist’s power, and how to employ it responsibly to a client’s benefit
Packed with case studies, ethical dilemmas and points for reflection and discussion, this is an essential read for trainee practitioners and qualified therapists looking to ensure safe and ethical practice.
Number of Pages: 174
Series Title: Essential Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Publisher: Sage Pubns
Author: Kirsten Amis
Street Date: June 22, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-26-5635
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.