product description page
Budgeting, Planning, and Forecasting in Uncertain Times (Paperback) (Michael Coveney & Gary Cokins)
about this item
Budgeting, planning and forecasting are critical management tasks that not only impact the future success of an organization, but can threaten its very survival if done badly.
Yet in spite of their importance, the speed and complexity of today’s business environment has caused a rapid decrease in the planning time horizon. As a consequence, the traditional planning processes have become unsuitable for most organization’s needs.
In this book, students will find new, original insights, including:
- 7 planning models that every organization needs to plan and manage performance
- 6 ways in which performance can be viewed
- A planning framework based on best management practices that can cope with an unpredictable business environment
- The application of technology to planning and latest developments in systems
- Results of the survey conducted for the book on the state of planning in organizations