product description page
Build Your Own Free-to-Air (FTA) Satellite TV System (Paperback) (Dennis C. Brewer)
about this item
LEGALLY TAP INTO ABSOLUTELY FREE SATELLITE TV!
Replace or expand your paid TV services with Free-to-Air television programming with ease.Build Your Own Free-to-Air (FTA) Satellite TV System shows how to affordably put together your own subscription-free home entertainment center from start to finish.
Find out how to choose the right components, set up a satellite dish and receiver, fine-tune reception, add local over-the-air stations, and go mobile with your FTA TV system. You'll get full details on recording to the latest digital devices, installing a TV card in your PC, viewing video over the Internet, and integrating theater-quality audio. Photos and diagrams illustrate each step along the way. Comprehensive lists of technical terms and definitions, available channels and satellites, and dish-aiming steps are also included in this practical guide.
- Equipment, component, and tool selection
- Satellite dish and FTA receiver installation
- Stereo, 5.1, and 7.1 sound
- Dish alignment and synchronization
- Local over-the-air channel reception
- Video over the Internet and movies on demand
- DVD players, DVRs, PCs, and VCRs
- Mobile, RV, and remote Free-to-Air TV
A do-it-yourself guide to installing a multi-channel satellite dish and receiver for under $300 and legally getting absolutely free satellite TV
Build Your Own Free-to-Air (FTA) Satellite TV System shows, step by step, how to select, set up, and enjoy an FTA satellite television dish antenna and receiver system. FTA refers to satellite receivers that are designed to receive unencrypted satellite transmissions. Using these satellite receivers, you can legally receive TV signals without subscription. In the U.S., FTA satellite TV includes more than 97 English-language broadcast channels. This book shows you how to access all of this programming for free.
Build Your Own Free-to-Air (FTA) Satellite TV System
- Includes step-by-step instructions that show how to select and install all the necessary satellite system components in a home, apartment, office, remote cabin, SUV, or recreational vehicle
- Explains how to integrate FTA with existing systems, as well as how to integrate other options such as Over the Air (OTA), video over the Internet, and movies on demand
- Shows you how to legally receive hundreds of channels that include programming for music, news, PBS, weather, foreign language television and radio, and talk radio—all for free
- Helps you select and install the cables and connections, switches, receiver, and auxiliary components to get the most value from the system and do it on a very tight budget
Make Great Stuff!
TAB is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.