product description page
Calorie Counter Journal for Dummies (Paperback) (Rosanne Rust & Meri Raffetto)
about this item
Are you trying to improve your health? This handy guide provides you with the tools you need to change your eating and exercise habits for the better. Chock-full of useful information, this book will help you set realistic, attainable goals and get you on your way to achieving them.
Customize your journal — track all kinds of information based on your specific health condition and goals
Create your personal vision — determine which stage of behavior change you're in and establish SMART goals
Eat right and stay fit — figure out your calorie needs, understand food groups, and balance healthy eating and exercising
Record important nutritional information — document average dietary intake, exercise progress, and personal achievements
Track your progress — see positive trends in your behaviors and overall health
Open the book and find:
24 weeks of daily journal pages
Weekly wrap-up assessment pages
Quick-reference nutritional information
A primer on basic sports nutrition
Sample exercise plans
Clues for determining your health status
Guidance on setting achievable goals
Assess your health and fitness
Set dietary and lifestyle goals
Use the journal to document dietary intake, exercise, and weight loss
Think beyond the scale
Incorporate exercise in your daily life
- 24 weeks of daily journal pages to track a wide range of dietary and lifestyle information, including foods consumed throughout the day, calories burned from exercise; water intake; vitamin and supplement intake; and their resulting energy levels.
- The flexible journal pages will permit readers to record data for up to four different focus areas in terms of the foods they eat. Depending on their goals, readers may want to focus on the calories, fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, carbs, fiber, sugar, salt, or “points” from various diet programs found in the foods they consume.
- Weekly wrap-up assessment pages to document average food intake, exercise progress, and record personal achievements for the week.
- Charts to track weight-loss through the weeks.
- Expert dietary advice from registered dieticians.
- Quick-reference nutritional information for a variety of food items from The Calorie Counter For Dummies.