product description page
Catalytic Kinetics : Chemistry and Engineering (Paperback) (Dmitry Yu. Murzin)
About this item
Catalytic Kinetics: Chemistry and Engineering, Second Edition offers a unified view that homogeneous, heterogeneous, and enzymatic catalysis form the cornerstone of practical catalysis.
The book has an integrated, cross-disciplinary approach to kinetics and transport phenomena in catalysis, but still recognizes the fundamental differences between different types of catalysis. In addition, the book focuses on a quantitative chemical understanding and links the mathematical approach to kinetics with chemistry.
A diverse group of catalysts is covered, including catalysis by acids, organometallic complexes, solid inorganic materials, and enzymes, and this fully updated second edition contains a new chapter on the concepts of cascade catalysis. Finally, expanded content in this edition provides more in-depth discussion, including topics such as organocatalysis, enzymatic kinetics, nonlinear dynamics, solvent effects, nanokinetics, and kinetic isotope effects.
- Fully revised and expanded, providing the latest developments in catalytic kinetics
- Bridges the gaps that exist between hetero-, homo- and enzymatic-catalysis
- Provides necessary tools and new concepts for researchers already working in the field of catalytic kinetics
- Written by internationally-renowned experts in the field
- Examples and exercises following each chapter make it suitable as an advanced course book