product description page
Catalytic Kinetics : Chemistry and Engineering (Paperback) (Dmitry Yu. Murzin)
about this item
Catalytic Kinetics: Chemistry and Engineering, 2nd edition unifies homogeneous, heterogeneous and enzymatic catalysis that form the cornerstone of practical catalysis. The book has an integrated, cross-disciplinary approach to kinetics and transport phenomena in catalysis, but still recognizes the fundamental differences between different types of catalysis. The main focus is on the quantitative chemical understanding and linking the mathematical approach to kinetics with chemistry. A diverse group of catalysts is covered in this book, including catalysis by acids, organometallic complexes, solid inorganic materials, and enzymes.
This second edition is fully updated, revised, and expanded with 30% new content. New to this edition is a chapter on the concepts of cascade catalysis and specifically nanocatalysis and cluster size effects. Further, a substantial number of examples and exercises on homogeneous, heterogeneous and enzymatic catalysis, covering various types of reactions have been added at the end of each chapter.
- Fully revised and expanded, providing the latest developments in catalytic kinetics
- Bridges the gaps that exist between hetero-, ******- and enzymatic-catalysis
- Provides necessary tools and new concepts for researchers already working in the field of catalytic kinetics
- Written by internationally-renowned experts in the field
- Accompanying website with exercises and solutions makes it suitable as an advanced course book