product description page
Certification and Core Review for High Acuity, Progressive, and Critical Care Nursing (Paperback)
About this item
The 7th edition of this powerful review tool helps you assess and build your knowledge of the information covered in the Core Curriculum for High Acuity, Progressive, and Critical Care Nursing - and achieve Adult CCRN® or PCCN® certification. Three 150-question exams mirror the style and content of the CCRN exam and PCCN exam. You can also access these same practice exams, along with 100 additional questions, on an accompanying Evolve website for interactive practice. Integration of the ACCN Synergy Model for Patient Care ensures that the needs or characteristics of patients and families influence and drive the characteristics or
- Developed in conjunction with and based on the AACNCore Curriculum for High Acuity, Progressive, and Critical Care Nursing, the Certification and Core Review is an ideal study companion to the Core Curriculum.
- Each exam mirrors the certification exam content, question format, and content distribution, giving you realistic practice for the Adult CCRN® exam and PCCN® exam.
- Answers are provided for each question, accompanied by rationales and references, to assist you in remediation.
- NEW! Three 150-item interactive exams on a secure Evolve site allow for access to interactive exam practice on any HTML5-compatible device, including desktop computers, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. Exams address the complete range of vital content in critical care nursing and challenge your mastery of the essential knowledge base for Adult CCRN® and PCCN® certification.
- NEW and EXPANDED! 100 additional interactive questions on Evolve go beyond what can be found inthe printed or electronic book, and provide even morepractice for the Adult CCRN® exam and PCCN® exam.
- NEW and UPDATED! Content distribution matches that of the latest Adult CCRN® exam and PCCN® exam test blueprints, so you better know what to expect come exam day.
- NEW! Updated content throughout ensures currency, accuracy, and consistency with standardized guidelines and the latest evidence-based practice.
- UPDATED and NEW! All questions feature integration of the AACN Synergy Model, including both patient characteristics (resiliency, vulnerability, stability, complexity, resource availability, participation in care, participation in decision making, and predictability) and nurse characteristics (clinical judgment, advocacy/moral agency, caring practices, collaboration, systems thinking, response to diversity, facilitation of learning, and clinical inquiry).
- NEW! New behavioral and psychosocial content addresses new content now found on AACN's Adult CCRN® exam and PCCN® exam.
- NEW! Updated illustrations reflect current clinical procedures and assessment skills.