product description page
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy : Keep Your Property & Repay Debts over Time - by Cara O'neill (Paperback)
About this item
Chapter 13 bankruptcy offers unique debt solutions not available in Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Yes, you’ll pay into a repayment plan. But your money will go toward the debts that matter most—like your mortgage, car loan, support obligations, and taxes. Remaining debts, such as credit card balances, medical bills, and utility bills, usually get only a fraction of what you owe.
Some of Chapter 13 bankruptcy’s other features include allowing filers to:
- keep all property
- avoid foreclosure and vehicle repossession
- pay the fair market value for a car, and
- stop lawsuits, wage garnishments, and bank levies.
Here, you’ll find clear explanations of the Chapter 13 process to help you:
- decide if Chapter 13 is your best option
- estimate your monthly plan payment, and
- find and work effectively with the right lawyer.
This revised edition covers all the latest changes in bankruptcy law, including updated exemption tables for every state, and explains how to use the new official bankruptcy forms.