About this item
Written by the world’s leading expert on the Tokyo sarin attacks, Chemical and Biological Weapons and Terrorism is a comprehensive examination of the use, detection, and prevention of chemical and biological attacks.
Divided in two parts, one devoted to chemical and the other biological weapons, this book emphasizes defense, decontamination, detection, treatment, mechanism of toxic action, and pathological effects in the case of each. Covering a diverse range of substances, chapters draw on detailed case studies on the US anthrax attacks, the Tokyo sarin gas attacks, as well as an entire chapter devoted to the Iran-Iraq War co-authored with Dr. Sayid Abbas Foroutan, a former Iranian military surgeon who actively participated in the treatment of Iranian soldiers suffering from gas poisoning.
- A case study of the Tokyo sarin gas attacks from the leading expert on the subject
- A detailed case study on the U.S. anthrax attacks
- A chapter on the Iran-Iraq War and controversial weapons co-authored with an Iranian military surgeon with first-hand knowledge of the subject
- Details on the various ways chemical and biological weapons can be constructed and deployed
- Applicable defense strategies, including detection of materials and decontamination in the event chemical/biological weapons are deployed
Featuring over 100 unique photographs and detailed chemical structures, Chemical and Biological Weapons and Terrorismis essential reading for counterterrorism experts, first responders and medical professionals, security consultants and military personnel seeking to expand their knowledge of preventative strategies. The book also will serve as a great resource for students in homeland security, public administration, and criminal justice programs.