product description page
Childhood Leukemia : A Guide for Families, Friends & Caregivers - by Nancy Keene (Paperback)
About this item
Approximately 4,500 children and teens are diagnosed with leukemia in the United States and Canada each year. The illness and its treatment can have a devastating effect on family, friends, classmates, and the larger community. This newly updated edition of Childhood Leukemia contains the information and support parents need during this difficult time, including:
- New treatments such as immunotherapy, tailoring drugs dosages to children's genetic profiles, and ways to deal with side effects.
- Advice on how to cope with procedures, hospitalization, school, family, and financial issues.
- Tips for forming a partnership with the medical team.
- Poignant and practical stories from family members.
- Updated resources for medical information, emotional support, and financial assistance.
Number of Pages: 476
Genre: Health + Wellness
Publisher: Independent Pub Group
Author: Nancy Keene
Street Date: May 1, 2018
Item Number (DPCI): 248-00-8196
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.