about this item
How do you make the most of children's literature in teaching across the curriculum?
Trainee and experienced primary school teachers need an advanced knowledge of children's literature. This is your guide to the range of and scope of children's literature for the primary classroom. Through the exploration of different genres it covers a wide range of literature and helps you to consider what we mean by literature. Case studies that model good practice are included with suggestions for practical activities using literature to enhance teaching across the curriculum. Throughout, book recommendations show how specific texts can be used for teaching in exciting and innovative ways.
What's new to this edition?
- updated in line with the new Primary National Curriculum
- includes new content on supporting children for whom English is an Additional Language.
- an extensive list of book recommendations for primary teaching
- how to get more out of classic texts
- introduces new texts and new children's authors