product description page
Chinese Foreign Policy : An Introduction (Revised) (Hardcover) (Marc Lanteigne)
About this item
This updated and expanded 3rd edition of Chinese Foreign Policy seeks to explain the processes, actors and current history behind China’s international relations, as well as offering an in-depth look at the key areas of China’s modern global relations.
Among the key issues are:
- The expansion of Chinese foreign policy from regional to international interests
- China’s growing economic power in an era of global financial uncertainty
- Modern security challenges, including maritime security, counter-terrorism and protection of overseas economic interests
- The shifting power relationship with the United States, as well as with the European Union, Russia and Japan.
- China’s engagement with a growing number of international and regional institutions and legal affairs
- The developing great power diplomacy of China
New chapters address not only China’s evolving foreign policy interests but also recent changes in the international system and the effects of China’s domestic reforms. In response to current events, sections addressing Chinese trade, bilateral relations, and China’s developing strategic interest in Russia and the Polar Regions have be extensively revised and updated.
This book will be essential reading for students of Chinese foreign policy and Asian international relations, and highly recommended for students of diplomacy, international security and IR in general.