product description page
Churchill's Pocketbook of Surgery (Paperback) (Andrew T. Raftery & Michael S. Delbridge & Marcus J. D.
about this item
This highly-praised pocketbook provides a concise and didactic account of the essential features of the more common surgical disorders. The contents are suitable for medical students as well as junior doctors and those embarking on their training in surgery. The book covers basic principles, as well as providing essential information on aetiology, diagnosis and management, including pre-operative and postoperative care. The text covers the field of general surgery but also covers the basic needs of the undergraduate as far as all the surgical sub-specialities are concerned. The book will assist the reader with the essentials of history-taking, what physical signs to elicit, the differential diagnosis, what investigations to order and how to treat the patient.
- Presented in portable small format in two colours with line drawings and radiological images. The text is succinct and clearly structured with extensive use of headings to guide the reader.
- Covers all the major surgical specialties.
- Contains outlines of common operations such as appendicectomy and thyroidectomy.
- Contains an introductory chapter on consent, medicolegal issues, statistics and clinical audit.
- Contains a checklist of emergency situations for quick reference.
- The text has been re-written by a team of senior specialist surgical registrars or newly appointed consultants.
- The book now comes with StudentConsult ebook access
- Over 50 new illustrations of line drawings and updated radiological images
- Indications of commonality have been added throughout the text to assist the reader in distinguishing common from rare conditions.
- New hints and tips sections added.