product description page
Clinical Cardio-oncology (Hardcover) (M.D. Joerg Herrmann)
about this item
Clinical Cardio-oncology is a comprehensive, clinically focused title for cardiologists, oncologists, and specialists in cardio-oncology programs who need up-to-date knowledge about the cardiovascular effects of cancer treatment, especially on long-term cancer survivors. This brand-new resource covers the implementation of cardio-oncology into your practice, while a strong focus on patient management offers helpful information on coordinating care before, during, and after therapy. Its highly organized four-section format allows readers to quickly and easily locate relevant information.
- Comprised of four sections for quick and easy reference: Oncology and Hematology Principles; Cardiac Complications from Cancer Therapy; Coordination of Care; and Cardio-oncology in Practice.
- Includes online case studies focused on the structure and implementation of cardio-oncology care.
- Provides expert wisdom from cardio-oncology authorities around the world, as well as consultation and perspectives from pioneers in the field of oncology.
- Highlights the principles of cancer therapies, including radiation and tumor therapy, as well as pre-, intra-, and post-therapy cardiology evaluation.
- Boasts chapters on implementing cardio-oncology into practice: primary cancer centers, comprehensive referral centers, group practices, and educational needs and goals for fellowship programs.
- Advises on how to coordinate care for the patient at every stage of treatment (pre-therapy, during therapy, after therapy, and end-of-life).
- Presents detailed information on various cardiac complications from cancer therapy, such as cardiomyopathy, vascular disease, arrhythmias, and hypertension.
- Teaches the principles of oncology and hematology with coverage of different therapy types and cardiac tumors.
- Includes a comprehensive drug guide.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.