product description page
Clinical Examination Essentials : An Introduction to Clinical Skills (And How to Pass Your Clinical
About this item
From the authors that brought you the bestselling Clinical Examination comes Talley and O'Connor'sClinical Examination Essentials, 4th Edition
Clinical Examination Essentials4e provides an introduction to the essential skills required to successfully pass your clinical exams.This text equips medical students with the confidence to assess patients by acquiring a detailed patient history and conducting a thorough physical examination.
The chapters are systematic and provide a thorough overview following by some examples of how to use learned skills in practice- both in the healthcare setting and in examinations.
If you are looking to further develop your history taking and examination technique,Clinical Examination: A Systematic Guide to Physical Diagnosis provides greater detail (and more jokes) for senior students and graduates.
- Hint Boxes present handy information which assists students and junior doctors in correctly diagnosing patients,e.g.A cough of recent origin, particularly if associated with fever and other symptoms of respiratory tract infection, may be due to acute bronchitis or pneumonia
- Question Boxes provide a checklist of questions which students as examiners should pose to patients to enable them to correctly identify the presenting symptoms required for an accurate diagnosis,e.g. Are you breathless at rest? On lying down? (Orthopnoea)
- The EOSCE hints panel at the end of each chapter provides practice OSCE-style scenarios and answers to test all skills required for the OSCEs
- A combination of clinical photographs and anatomical line drawings is a distinct improvement in this new edition. The clinical photographs represent real-life clinical signs, which students have to recognize when examining a patient.
- The interactive features available in the Student Consult eBook will enable students and trainees to gain a deeper learning experience.