About this item
Perfect for radiation oncology physicians and residents needing a multidisciplinary,treatment-focused resource, this updated edition continues toprovide the latest knowledge in this consistently growing field. Not only will you broaden your understanding of the basic biology of disease processes, you'll also access updated treatment algorithms, information on techniques, and state-of-the-art modalities. The consistent and concise format provides just the right amount of information, makingClinical Radiation Oncologya welcome resource for use by the entire radiation oncology team.
- Content is templated and divided into three sections -- Scientific Foundations of Radiation Oncology, Techniques and Modalities, and Disease Sites - for quick access to information.
- Disease Sites chapters summarize the most important issues on the opening page and include a full-color format, liberal use of tables and figures, a closing section with a discussion of controversies and problems, and a treatment algorithm that reflects the treatment approach of the authors.
- Chapters have been edited for scientific accuracy, organization,format, and adequacy of outcome data (such as disease control, survival, and treatment tolerance).
- Allows you to examine the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on single-modality and combined-modality approaches.
- Features an emphasis on providing workup and treatment algorithms for each major disease process, as well as the coverage of molecular biology and its relevance to individual diseases.
- Two new chapters provide an increased emphasis on stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) andstereotactic body irradiation (SBRT).
- New Associate Editor, Dr. Andrea Ng, offers her unique perspectives to theLymphoma and Hematologic Malignancies section.
- Key Points are summarized at the beginning of each disease-site chapter, mirroring the template headings and highlightingessential information and outcomes.
- Treatment algorithms and techniques, together with discussions of controversies and problems, reflect the treatment approaches employed by the authors.
- Disease Site Overviews allow each section editor to give a unique perspective on important issues, while online updates to Disease Site chapters ensure your knowledge is current.
- Disease Site chapters feature updated information on disease management and outcomes.
- Four videos accessible on Expert Consult include Intraoperative Irradiation, Prostate Brachytherapy, Penile Brachytherapy, and Ocular Melanoma.
- Thirty all-new anatomy drawings increase your visual understanding.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook e