About this item
Get quick access to the most up-to-date information on cleft palate speech therapy with The Clinician's Guide to Treating Cleft Palate Speech, 2nd Edition. This textbook features an easy-to-use format - including many bulleted lists, tables, and illustrations - to give you instant access to the answers you need surrounding the effects of clefts and non-cleft velopharyngeal inadequacy (VPI) on communication development in children. Updated information includes new content on interprofessional team decision-making, along with the diagnosis and management of the resulting disorders.
- Brief summaries cover the effects of clefts and non-cleft velopharyngeal inadequacy on communication development in children.
- Quick-reference format includes bulleted lists, tables, and boxes for easy access to key information needed in day-to-day practice.
- Special tips boxes feature hints and additional clinical information from the authors, and other recognized experts in the field of cleft palate management.
- NEW! Additional video clips demonstrate a broad range of speech disorders in children, examples of instrumental and noninstrumental assessment approaches, and effective therapy techniques.
- NEW! Critical Thinking Case Studies on Evolve include case examples, audio, video and questions and answers.
- NEW! Content on interprofessional team decision making reflects an important expanding movement in healthcare nationally and internationally, and will be threaded throughout the guide to ensure users understand the ethics, compentencies, and skills required to practice in an interdisciplinary setting.