product description page
Cognitive (Internet of Things) : Collaboration to Optimize Action (Hardcover) (Arvind Sathi)
About this item
Internet of things (IoT) represents a growing sophistication among devices to communicate. Examples of internet of things include mobile handsets, refrigerators, cars, Fitbit, watches, ebooks, vending machines, parking meters, etc . and the list is likely to grow exponentially over the coming years. These devices are already collating and communicating massive amounts of data, which can be used either to our benefit, or if mishandled, for stalking, discrimination, or fraud.
This book examines the big data analytics for internet of things covering a number of important topics:
• What are IoTs and what types of data can be collected from them?
• What insights can be generated not only about IoTs but also about the people who interact with them?
• What applications can be driven from IoTs – today and tomorrow?
• How do we safeguard the data and protect it from potential theft?
• What big data analytics architecture would be required to deal with Internet of things? How does it change current corporate infrastructures for organizations?
The book applies a series of public case studies to illustrate its assertions.
Innovators and early adapters are already benefiting from the initial explosion of devices and capabilities available today. However, what we see today is only a tip of the iceberg. Using a series of futuristic visions, the book additionally explores what is the new act of impossible and where are we headed. Marketing executives, brand managers and IT professional will understand the fundamental changes required to fully benefit from the big data and how to utilize it for their own success.
Number of Pages: 178
Genre: Computers + Internet, Technology
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Author: Arvind Sathi
Street Date: September 23, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-32-2670
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.