product description page
Commodity Trading for Active Investors : A Comprehensive Guide With Applied Lessons for Commodity Market
about this item
Thousands of investors have successfully entered the commodities trading markets with the expert guidance of Carly Garner, author of theA Trader's First Book on Commodities. Now, in Commodity Trading for Active Investors, Garner helps commodities traders take powerful steps towards even greater profits!
Drawing on her extensive experience as a broker working with widely diverse trading styles and strategies, Garner illuminates market analysis, strategy and portfolio development, and risk management, and helps you avoid many of today's most common trading mistakes. Coverage includes:
- Applying powerful technical and fundamental market analysis methods
- Decoding the CFTC's COT Report
- Identifying over-crowded trades, following the "smart money," and using the positions of "green" traders as a contrarian indicato
- Understanding how algorithmic/HFT Futures trading systems impact the market, and how to make them work for you
- Using options to reduce commodity market risk and volatility
- Day-trading commodities more effectively
- Researching and choosing a Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA) -- and what to expect if you hand over the reins
- Using commodity market volatility to your advantage
- Identifying mispricing, and analyzing price action for a possible return to equilibrium
- Constructing portfolios, allocating money into non-correlated strategies, and getting a grip on leverage
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of Stop Loss orders
- Increasing the odds of success through proper account funding, position size, and margin levels
- Surveying your risk tolerance, personality, and available trading capital to construct your best trading plan
You won't just learn abstract techniques: you'll learn how to apply them in real-world trades that maximize your potential for success -- whatever your investing style, goals, or the size of your trades.
You've seen Carley Garner quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, and TheStreet.com… you've read her popular trading columns and newsletters… now, let her take you far beyond the basics, and transform you into an commodity trading expert!