product description page
Communications : Methods and Applications for Financial Managers (Paperback) (James Carberry)
about this item
Improving communication is one of the most important – and challenging – issues that management accountants face. In a global survey of CFOs, Ernst & Young said: “Despite two thirds of respondents saying that increasingly they act as the public face of the organization, most point to communication and influencing as the most important area for improvement.”
In this publication you will learn:
- How do management accountants know if they are effectively communicating?
- What are the most effective techniques for improving their communication skills?
This book is specifically designed to meet the needs and interests of management accountants. It draws on interviews with finance professionals at every level of corporate accounting, as well as with communication consultants, executive recruiters and educators. It looks at how management accountants communicate inside and outside their organizations, identifies best practices, and gives hands-on strategies that accountants can use right away.
Readers will discover how to:
- Move their current communication skills to a higher level.
- Recognize the importance of communication within the context of their financial manager function.
- Understand the right way to deliver bad news and resolve conflicts.
- Manage the impact of new technologies on traditional communication channels.
- Develop the skills to use active listening as the foundation for positive communication tactics.