product description page
Compact Heat Exchangers for Energy Transfer Intensification : Low Grade Heat and Fouling Mitigation
About this item
Compact Heat Exchangers for Energy Transfer Intensification: Low-Grade Heat and Fouling Mitigationprovides theoretical and experimental background on heat transfer intensification in modern heat exchangers. Emphasizing applications in complex heat recovery systems for the process industries, this book:
- Covers various issues related to low-grade heat, including waste heat from industry and buildings, storage and transport of thermal energy, and heat transfer equipment requirements
- Explains the basic principles, terminology, and heat transfer aspects of compactness, as well as the concept of intensified heat area targets at process integration
- Pays special attention to the mitigation of fouling in heat exchangers and their systems, describing fouling deposition and threshold fouling mechanisms
- Delivers a thoughtful analysis of the economics of implementation, considering energy–capital trade-off, capital cost estimation, and energy prices
- Presents illustrative case studies of specific applications in food and chemical production plants
Compact Heat Exchangers for Energy Transfer Intensification: Low-Grade Heat and Fouling Mitigationnot only highlights key developments in compact heat exchangers, but also instills a practical knowledge of the latest process integration and heat transfer enhancement methodologies.
The book gives theoretical and experimental background for heat transfer intensification in modern heat exchangers with emphases of their application in complex heat recovery systems in the process industries. Special attention is paid for the mitigation of fouling in heat exchangers and their systems. It describes the concept of intensified heat area targets at process integration. It also presents case studies that help illustrate the methodology for specific applications in different process industries.