product description page
Compact Models for Integrated Circuit Design : Conventional Transistors and Beyond (Hardcover) (Samar K.
about this item
Compact Models for Integrated Circuit Design: Conventional Transistors and Beyond provides a modern treatise on compact models for circuit computer-aided design (CAD). Written by an author with more than 25 years of industry experience in semiconductor processes, devices, and circuit CAD, and more than 10 years of academic experience in teaching compact modeling courses, this first-of-its-kind book on compact SPICE models for very-large-scale-integrated (VLSI) chip design offers a balanced presentation of compact modeling crucial for addressing current modeling challenges and understanding new models for emerging devices.
Starting from basic semiconductor physics and covering state-of-the-art device regimes from conventional micron to nanometer, this text:
- Presents industry standard models for bipolar-junction transistors (BJTs), metal-oxide-semiconductor (MOS) field-effect-transistors (FETs), FinFETs, and tunnel field-effect transistors (TFETs), along with statistical MOS models
- Discusses the major issue of process variability, which severely impacts device and circuit performance in advanced technologies and requires statistical compact models
- Promotes further research of the evolution and development of compact models for VLSI circuit design and analysis
- Supplies fundamental and practical knowledge necessary for efficient integrated circuit (IC) design using nanoscale devices
- Includes exercise problems at the end of each chapter and extensive references at the end of the book
Compact Models for Integrated Circuit Design: Conventional Transistors and Beyond is intended for senior undergraduate and graduate courses in electrical and electronics engineering as well as for researchers and practitioners working in the area of electron devices. However, even those unfamiliar with semiconductor physics gain a solid grasp of compact modeling concepts from this book.
The silicon integrated circuits (ICs) constitute an unprecedented revolution in many areas of today?s society including communications, medical, military, security, and entertainment. This text covers basic semiconductor physics, and presents the advanced industry standard models for BJTs, MOSFETs, and FinFETs along with the statistical MOS models. The book is intended for senior undergraduate and graduate courses in electrical and electronics engineering programs, and researchers and practitioners working in the area of electron devices.