About this item
ACompanion to Chinese History presents a collection of essays offering a comprehensive overview of the latest intellectual developments in the study of China’s history from the ancient past up until the present day.
- Covers the major trends in the study of Chinese history from antiquity to the present day
- Considers the latest scholarship of historians working in China and around the world
- Explores a variety of long-range questions and themes which serves to bridge the conventional divide between China’s traditional and modern eras
- Addresses China’s connections with other nations and regions and enables non-specialists to make comparisons with their own fields
- Features discussion of traditional topics and chronological approaches as well as newer themes such as Chinese history in relation to sexuality, national identity, and the environment
Number of Pages: 472
Series Title: Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Street Date: February 6, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-9238
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.