product description page
Companion to Schopenhauer (Paperback)
About this item
A Companion to Schopenhauer provides a comprehensive guide to all the important facets of Schopenhauer’s philosophy. The volume contains 26 newly commissioned essays by prominent Schopenhauer scholars working in the field today.
- A thoroughly comprehensive guide to the life, work, and thought of Arthur Schopenhauer
- Demonstrates the range of Schopenhauer’s work and illuminates the debates it has generated
- 26 newly commissioned essays by some of the most prominent Schopenhauer scholars working today reflect the very latest trends in Schopenhauer scholarship
- Covers the full range of historical and philosophical perspectives on Schopenhauer’s work
- Discusses his seminal contributions to our understanding of knowledge, perception, morality, science, logic and mathematics, Platonic Ideas, the unconscious, aesthetic experience, art, colours, sexuality, will, compassion, pessimism, tragedy, pleasure, and happiness
Number of Pages: 432
Sub-Genre: History + Surveys / Modern, History + Surveys / General
Series Title: Blackwell Companions to Philosophy
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Street Date: December 7, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-07-6404
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.