About this item
Thorough enough for professionals...accessible enough for homeowners! Written in plain language suitable even for first-time home buyers, The Complete Guide to Home Inspection is a must-have reference. An all-in-one resource with 250 descriptive photographs and 20 helpful illustrations, it is invaluable for home buyers, home sellers, professional home inspectors, and every homeowner who wants to understand what their house is telling them.
Truly comprehensive in scope. This is the most extensive examination of home inspection available, covering all areas of the home from top to bottom, including:
- Foundations, basements, and crawlspaces
- Electrical systems
- Heating and cooling
- Kitchen, baths, and laundries
- Garages, attached structures, and many other areas
Learn the trade secrets of industry experts in home building and inspection. With over 70 years of combined experience, the authors are on a highly focused mission to:
- Determine your home's hidden trouble spots and how to remedy them
- Provide sound advice on avoiding hazardous materials
- Offer helpful tips for improving energy efficiency, and much more.
Put an end to the mysterious problems that can create a “Money Pit.” Head off potential problems as you learn to understand a home's systems. Includes enormously helpful resources:
- Checklists – for properly inspecting a home
- Retrofit tips – to quickly resolve problems and issues
Get your copy today and gain new insights into home safety and more.
Complete Guide to Home Inspection is the most extensive examination of home inspection available. After an introductory chapter on the basics of home inspection, the book explores the various systems of the house from roofs and exteriors through plumbing, wiring, and HVAC to outbuildings and attached structures. The guide includes checklists, retrofit tips, and a focus on reducing energy costs. It will have broad appeal for buyers, sellers, and home inspectors but also for every homeowner who wants to understand what their house is telling them.