product description page
Concise History of World Population (Paperback) (Massimo Livi-Bacci)
About this item
The latest edition of this classic text has been updated to reflect current trends and implications for future demographic developments. The areas of Africa, international migration and population and environment have been strengthened and statistical information has been updated throughout.
- A new edition of this classic history of demography text, which has been updated to strengthen the major subject areas of Africa, international migration and population and the environment
- Includes the latest statistical information, including the 2015 UN population projections revision and developments in China's population policy
- Information is presented in a clear and simple form, with academic material presented accessibly for the undergraduate audience whilst still maintaining the interest of higher level students and scholars
- The text covers issues that are crucial to the future of every species by encouraging humanity's search for ways to prevent future demographic catastrophes brought about by environmental or human agency
- Analyses the changing patterns of world population growth, including the effects of migration, war, disease, technology and culture
Number of Pages: 300
Genre: Social Science
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Author: Massimo Livi-Bacci
Street Date: March 20, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-32-8596
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.