product description page
Conscious Parent's Guide to Autism : A Mindful Approach for Helping Your Child Focus and Succeed
About this item
Help your child feel confident and capable!
If your child has a diagnosis of "on the autism spectrum," you may be feeling overwhelmed and most likely intimated. Often the focus is on "disabilities" rather than "abilities," and you may be left wondering what you should expect as your child journeys through life. With The Conscious Parent's Guide to Autism, you will learn how to take a relationship-centered approach to engage your child. Conscious parenting means being present with your children and taking the time to understand their point of view. Using this mindful method, you can help your child improve language skills, motor skills, and social skills.
You'll also learn how to:
- Honor your child's unique perspective and cognitive strengths
- Adapt a conscious parenting philosophy that works for everyone
- Identify triggers that can lead to sensory overload
- Help your child feel in control with calming routines
- Lower stress levels for the entire family, including other siblings
- Educate your family and friends about autism
- Advocate for your child
- Find ways to improve communication