product description page
Contemporary Forensic Investigation (Hardcover) (Paul Smith & Terry Lowe & Carolyn Lovell)
About this item
Forensic investigative practice is characterized by economic, political and technological change. This book offers a comprehensive review and analysis of contemporary forensic investigation, written for students, from the perspective of the practitioner. It focuses on the core functions of forensic investigation and the impact of change in the forensic context. Further, this book explores the factors influencing and constraining operational investigation, and highlights good practice from existing models of forensic provision being utilised across international jurisdictions.
This book pulls together the most recent research and technological developments to look at what is available in modern day forensic practice. Chapters focus on:
- the historical development of policy and practice relating to forensic investigation,
- the differences in the models of forensic provision across jurisdictions, both national and international,
- the impact of scientific and technological development,
- the management of science and technology in the investigative context,
- the use and management of forensic intelligence.
This book is essential reading for students engaged with forensic and criminal investigation and related topics in criminology, criminal justice, policing, law enforcement and forensic science.