product description page
Contracts : Cases and Doctrine (Hardcover) (Randy E. Barnett & Nathan B. Oman)
about this item
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive ACCESS to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Contracts: Cases and Doctrine, Sixth Edition, features a mix of lightly-edited classic and contemporary cases that stresses current contract doctrine along with the essential lawyering skill of case analysis—how to sift through the facts of the case to discern the prevailing rules and theory. Randy Barnett and Nate Oman’s innovative text introduces each case and provides the historical background of the iconic cases that make the study of contract law engaging. Study Guide questions help students identify salient issues as they read each case. Judicial biographies of each judge provides additional context.
Key Features of the New Edition:
- The 6th Edition has been edited to make it even more modular and therefore easier for professors to select which doctrines to cover.
- The introductory materials have been shortened to permit a speedier entry to whichever basic doctrine the professor chooses to begin with.
- A new section on public policy defenses has been added.
- Recent developments involving arbitration agreements in the wake of the Supreme Court’s AT&T Mobility case are also covered.
- In addition, roughly a dozen new cases have been substituted, chosen for their interesting facts or their proven pedagogical usefulness.
- As always, every effort is made to provide students with background materials on the litigation, such as new judicial biographies and excerpts from recently published scholarship dealing with the cases covered.
New cases include:
- Jordan v. Knafel
- Arnold Porter v. Fuqua Industries
- Nguyen v. Barnes & Noble Inc.
Also, in keeping with the book’s focus on the “classic” cases we have included some iconic cases missing from earlier editions, including:
- Masterson v. Sine
- Security Stove & Manfacturing Co. v. American Railway Express
- Lefkowitz v. Great Minneapolis Surplus Store
- Lawrence v. Fox
- Harris v. Watson
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full