product description page
Creating the Coding Generation in Primary Schools : A Practical Guide for Cross-Curricular Teaching
About this item
Creating the Coding Generation in Primary Schools sets out the what, why and how of coding. Written by industry innovators and experts, it shows how you can bring the world of coding to your primary school practice.
It is packed with a range of inspirational ideas for the cross-curricular teaching of coding, from demystifying algebra in maths, to teaching music, to designing digital storytelling, as well as an insight into the global movement of free coding clubs for young people such as CoderDojo and Girls Learning Code.
Key topics explored include:
- what we mean by ‘coding’
- understanding and teaching computational thinking
- building pupils’ passion for and confidence with technologies
- artificial intelligence systems
- how gender impacts on coding
- STEM learning and Computer Science
- using Minecraft to improve pupil engagement
- fun projects using a Raspberry Pi.
Designed to be read from cover to cover or dipped into for ideas and advice, Creating the Coding Generation in Primary Schools offers all teachers a deeper knowledge and understanding of coding that will help them support and inspire the coding generation. It is cool to code!