product description page
Criminological Theory (Paperback) (Ph.D. George E. Higgins & Ph.D. Catherine D. Marcum)
About this item
Criminological Theory provides easy access to criminological theory through simplicity in writing, drawing the theories, and providing summary statements of the theory. The purpose of this book is to bring criminological theory to non-abstract thinker by presenting the theories in a manner that is easy to understand written in everyday language.
- The book provides an extensive discussion of the historical background of the theory, as well as its current manifestations.
- Modern day examples and case studies are presented so students can understand the application of the theory.
- Broad coverage, including deterrence and rational choice theory, biological and biosocial theories, psychological theories, social bonding and control theories, labeling theory, social structure theory, anomie and strain theories, conflict theories, feminist theory, and integrated theory.
- The text can be used as a main text or supplement, and has a flexible approach useful for a wide range of courses.
- An understandable and accessible structure, and helpful charts and figures, enhance the text.
Number of Pages: 191
Genre: Freedom + Security / Law Enforcement
Sub-Genre: Criminal Law / General, Paralegals + Paralegalism
Series Title: Aspen College
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law and Business
Author: Ph.D. George E. Higgins & Ph.D. Catherine D. Marcum
Street Date: January 15, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-15-2508
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.