about this item
Criminology is a discipline that is constituted by its subject matter rather than being bound by an agreed set of concepts or way of thinking. This fully updated third edition of Criminology: The Basics is a lively and engaging guide to this compelling and complex subject. Topics covered include:
- the history and development of criminology
- myths about crime and offenders
- the search for criminological explanation
- victims of crime and state crime
- crime prevention, cybercrime, and the future of crime control
- criminology and intersectionality
This edition also includes new sections on genocide, terrorism, cultural victimology, and Westo-centric thinking.
Concise and accessible, this book utilises chapter summaries, exercise questions and lists of further reading to provide a perfect introduction to this subject.