product description page
CT at a Glance - (At a Glance) by Ph.D. Euclid Seeram (Paperback)
about this item
CT at a Glance gets readers quickly up to speed with the core knowledge and competencies required for computed tomography (CT) scanning, as established by the major radiography organizations around the world, including the ASRT and the CAMRT. This brand new title describes the basic science behind CT with an emphasis on the theory that is essential for practice. Featuring an abundance of illustrations, succinct, straightforward explanations and clear, step-by-step guidance, it includes the fundamental physics, technical principles, and imaging strategies and procedures involved in CT scanning.
Over the course of twenty four, concise modular chapters, CT at a Glance covers all the bases for entry-to-practice students, including:
- The basic physics underlying CT scanning
- State-of-the-art multi-slice technologies
- Data acquisition strategies
- Equipment components—their functions and applications
- Image reconstruction and image quality control
- CT dose and dose optimization procedures
- Quality control fundamentals
CT at a Glance is an indispensable learning resource for students in medical imaging technology courses, including those covering radiography, nuclear medicine, and radiation therapy, as well as for biomedical engineering technology students.