product description page
Cultural Awareness in Nursing and Health Care : An Introductory Text - (Paperback)
About this item
This introductory textbook relates theory to practice and enhances students' learning and understanding of cultural issues that impact on patient care and their own practice as nurses, while considering wider social and political issues.
Now in its third edition, Cultural Awareness in Nursing and Health Care has been updated to include new research, evidence and a completely new chapter focusing on the health care workforce itself and the issues it’s facing. Other topics include:
- Health, illness and religious beliefs;
- Mental health and culture;
- Women’s and men’s health in a multicultural society;
- Caring for the elderly;
- Death and bereavement.
- Includes international perspectives and issues relating to overseas nurses studying and working in the UK;
- Case studies, reflective exercises, summary boxes and website links designed to stimulate discussion and shared practice;
- Fully updated with guidelines for practice and education.