product description page
Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Sleep Disorders : 49 Clinical Questions (Paperback)
about this item
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to those questions that are often left unanswered by traditional pediatric sleep disorder references? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for complicated cases or controversial decisions?Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Sleep Disorders: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick answers to the tricky questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between pediatricians.Dr. Aaron Chidekel has designed this unique reference which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with pediatric sleep disorders. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to pediatric sleep disorders with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references allow readers to browse large amounts of information in an expedited fashion.Some of the questions that are answered:
- Why do we sleep and what is happening when children sleep?
- How does sleep change from infancy to adulthood?
- What are the latest recommendations for safe infant sleep and the prevention of SIDS?
- What are some pearls or strategies to manage or even better, to prevent behavioral sleep disorders in young children?
- What is obstructive sleep apnea syndrome?
- What is narcolepsy and do children actually develop this condition?
- Which of my patients should have a polysomnogram?
Number of Pages: 239
Series Title: Curbside Consultation in Pediatrics
Publisher: Slack Inc
Street Date: November 15, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-00-6697