About this item
Includes 6 online-only chapters at no additional cost!
The #1 annual internal medicine guide that clinicians turn to first—extensively revised and updated
In the primary care setting, only one text delivers the ideal balance of clinical practice and research evidence to optimize patient careCURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. Written by top clinicians, this trusted resource spans the fields of internal medicine, reviewing symptoms, signs, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. Turn to any page, and you'll find concise, evidence-based answers to key questions concerning both in-hospital and ambulatory patient problems. In addition, sections feature a streamlined format that puts the latest diagnostic protocols, prevention strategies, and treatment options right at your fingertips
WhyCMDT is the ultimate clinical companion
· Detailed overview of other primary care topics, from gynecology, orthopedics and dermatology to ophthalmology, psychiatry, and neurology
· Only text with annual update on HIV and AIDS
The world?s most popular annual medical book ? updated with the latest clinical advances and breakthroughs
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2016 offers authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders, along with a concise synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. In full color and utilizing numerous table and illustrations, this streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep up with the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Readers will find brief, evidence-based answers to questions about hospital and ambulatory problems.CMDT delivers a complete review of internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care.
- NEW SECTIONS on enhancing patient safety and prevention of medical errors, chronic pain management and analgesic misuse, and management strategies and outcome for prosthetic valve endocarditis
- NEW FDA updates
- Hundreds of quick-access drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated drug prices
- Includes 5 online-only chapters at no additional cost